Follow us throughout September as Marie Arrington MAT, educational specialist, highlights how technology can help students from preschool to college.
Top 5 Must-Have Executive Functioning Apps
1. MyHomework ‚Äì This app is great for those students who don‚Äôt like or simply refuse to use their school‚Äôs planner. The program is easy to navigate and contains additional features that make it easy for high school students to manage having a block class schedule. Keeping track of assignments has never been better! https://myhomeworkapp.com/
2. InClass ‚Äì inClass will help you keep track of all your courses. Not only that, but it will help you keep track of your tasks by reminding you that one is due soon, that way you have no excuse to not do your homework. On top of everything inClass will help you take notes way more efficiently than ever before. Video notes, audio notes, photo notes! You name it! Just take out your iPhone or iPod Touch and start taking notes. inClass will even know which class you are in! http://www.inclassapp.com/
3. Nudge ‚Äì Nudge is a simple, focused reminder app that lives somewhere in the space between the built-in Clock and Calendar apps. It‚Äôs perfect for when you just need a quick pop-up reminding you to complete a quick task. http://download.cnet.com/Nudge-Reminders/3000-2124_4-75314889.html
4. 30/30 ‚Äì Such a helpful task manager! You set up a list of tasks, and a length of time for each of them. When you start the timer, it will tell you when to move on to the next task. http://3030.binaryhammer.com/
5. unGlue ‚Äì This service allows parents to set time limits on any electronic device (phones, computers, tablets, smart TVs, and any other internet-connected device). What‚Äôs unique about this service is that it allows the child more freedom to choose when they want to use their entertainment apps (i.e., Snapchat, Instagram, mobile games, etc.). The parent sets the time limit and a child can choose when they want to use that time, still allowing your child to have access to the internet to do homework, listen to music, etc. There are a lot of other cool features that go along with this app so definitely go check it out! https://www.unglue.com/
Contact Marie at 704-541-9080 ext. 216 to develop a customized plan for your student.