The multidisciplinary pediatric therapy team at Child and Family Development is rounding up some FUNctional gift ideas for the 2016 holiday season!
Here are some sensory processing suggestions from our occupational therapists:
- Swurfer Swing: This swing is great for core exercise as well as vestibular and proprioceptive input. We’d recommend it for ages 5-teens.
- Ball Pit: Don’t just enjoy this at our clinic! Make one at home!! Play in the ball pit is great for tactile and vestibular (movement) input. There are endless options but one by Imagination Generation seems affordable.
- Scented Dough by Lakeshore: Engage the olfactory and tactile systems with this scented dough. It is safe for most ages with supervision.
- La Siesta Joki Swings: This swing works great as a “cool down” space for kids of all ages. It provides proprioceptive and vestibular input. There are indoor and outdoor designs available.
- Yoga Pretzel Cards: You and your child can find some “zen” movements with these kid-friendly cards. They help with motor planning skills and provide “heavy work” input.
- Tactile Discs by Gonge- Make sensory-rich obstacle courses at home using these tactile discs.
Click below to find more new posts throughout December by searching HOLIDAY.