The multidisciplinary pediatric therapy team at Child and Family Development is rounding up some FUNctional gift ideas for the 2016 holiday season!
Here are some suggestions from our speech therapists:
- Play Dough Factory Retro Set: An open ended toy with tons of opportunities for generating language.
- Tough & Feel Books: Great for engaging little ones in books. You can name objects and talk about the pictures as you look at the pages.
- Bubbles: Fun for everyone! Bubbles can be used to work on requesting and early sounds. Also help with oral motor skills.
- Zingo by Think Fun: A twist on Bingo with lots of objects to name. Also works on matching memory and concentration skills.
- Parum Pum Pum Drum: Musical instruments are great for sparking interest and attention. Encourage your child to participate in songs with movement, gestures or words.
- Headbandz by Spin Master: A fun game for asking questions, describing objects and categorizing.
Click below to find more new posts throughout December by searching HOLIDAY.