The educators at Child and Family Development vote “YEA” for House Bill 149, which the North Carolina senate has just signed into law!
HB 149 will much needed awareness in the public school for students with dyslexia and learning disabilities as well support our teachers.
According to the NC Decoding Dyslexia website, HB 149 will:
- Define dyslexia in the state education code.
- Ensure that the State Board of Education provide professional development “on the identification of and intervention strategies for students with dyslexia, dyscalculia, or other specific learning disabilities.”
- Require State Board of Education to develop and make available information electronically about dyslexia, educational methodologies, screenings and what is available to support the work with children with dyslexia.
- Require local boards of education to review the diagnostic tools and screening instruments they have available.
We are happy to support this advancement:
- Mary “Mo” Fronberger MAT
- Jessica DeLing M.Ed.
- Marie Arrington MAT
Our team offers diagnostic tutoring, academic coaching and other support services. Most clients have weekly appointments, but intensive and consultative sessions are also available. Several TREATMENT services are available, including:
- Academic Coaching
- College Placement, Preparation and Application Process
- Educational Therapy
- End Of Grade (EOG) Preparation
- Organizational Skills
- School Placement and Transitions
- School Project Support
- Schoolwork/ Homework Help and Planning
- Social Skills Support
- Summertime Academic Intensives