In October 1980, Child and Family Development opened a multi-disciplinary therapy practice that was the first of its kind in the region. This month, we are marking 35 years of service!
We remain a one-of-a-kind organization with a mission to offer comprehensive, integrated and quality service to children, adolescents, young adults and families. Want to know how?
Here’s what makes us unique:
- We’ve been around for 35 YEARS!
- One of the original founders from 1980, Sherry Launt PT, remains the owner of our business.
- We have two convenient locations where most of our services happen:
- Midtown: near Park Road Shopping Center in Charlotte
- Pineville: near CMC-Pineville in Pineville
- Our inviting and large offices are casual and family-friendly. Both are about 7000 square feet. We want people to feel welcome and comfortable. Our lobbies are cozy and our therapy rooms are fun. It is not uncommon to find moms, dads, siblings or other caregivers taking it easy on the lobby sofa or getting involved in the therapy rooms. We‚Äôve found the balance of a professional space and an enjoyable place for all.
- Our space is flexible including private rooms and an open gym. So, we have quiet spots as well as spots to interact with others. We believe the space itself is therapeutic, distinguishing it from home in an appropriate manner.
- Equipment and materials abound! Trampolines, therapy balls, sensory toys, games, workbooks and other clinical devices are available to every client.
- Our multidisciplinary team of more than 30 practitioners includes psychologists, a psychiatrist, educators, occupational therapists, physical therapists and speech therapists.
- Our team has well over 400 years of combined clinical experience, including many specialty certifications and training.
- Therapists provide direct services to our clients, without assistants or aides. They are licensed by the state of North Carolina, with the exception of the educators
- Our administrative team provides vast support to clients, such as scheduling, filing claims and assisting families with insurance issues.
Want to learn more?
Find us on Facebook: Child & Family Development
Follow us on Twitter: @childfamilydev
Follow us on Linked In: Child & Family Development