Three psychologists at Child and Family Development are experts in autism spectrum disorder (ASD):
- Devon Redmond, Ph.D.
- Brandyn Street, Ph.D.
- Chris Vrabel, Psy.D.
Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) often present with:
- social communication difficulties
- poor social interactions
- restricted interests and/or repetitive behaviors
This can include difficulty with back-and-forth conversations or joint play, poor use of eye contact, difficulty maintaining age-appropriate friendships, as well as unusual interests, repetitive behaviors or excessive adherence to routines.
Our psychologists provide comprehensive and timely assessment and treatment for families seeking a diagnosis and support.
- Our evaluations begin with a parent interview
- Diagnostics include intellectual testing, formal assessment of social and communication skills (using a test such as the ADOS-2) and behavioral questionnaires that are completed by parents and teachers.
- During the Interpretive Parent Conference, the results are reviewed and recommendations for therapy, school or community interventions are shared.
- A written report follows in about 4 weeks.
There is no waiting list for services.
We will file to many insurance plans on an in-network or out-of-network basis.
Read more about our autism testing services here.