What speech and language skills should my 3-6 month old have?
- Smiles unexpectedly with other people
- Smiles when playing by themselves
- Smiles when sees faces of people they know
- Stops crying when you speak to them
- Shows different responses to different people
- Copies sounds
- Responds to name
Connect with a pediatric speech therapist at Child and Family Development to learn more about development.
The Child and Family Development website contains a more detailed developmental chart and checklists from the CDC here.