Occupational Therapy & Developmental Milestones (18-24 months old)
Visual/Fine Motor Skills:
- Enjoys sensory play such as water play, playdoh, sand, etc.
- Imitates what adults do such as reading the paper
- Can place circle and square in puzzle
- Can pull pop beads apart and put together
- Snips clumsily with scissors
- Turns 2-3 pages of book one at a time
- Begins to imitate line with crayon
- Fills spoon and brings to mouth
- Drinks from cup with little spilling
- May begin to indicate need to toilet and to use toilet when taken at regular times
- Takes shoes on and off
- May help pull pants down
- pop beads (large)
- sandbox play
- water and pouring toys
- shape sorter
- 1-3 piece form puzzle
- plastic jar with screw lid
Connect with a pediatric occupational therapist at Child and Family Development to learn more about development.
Read more about OT here.