Occupational Therapy & Developmental Milestones (0-3 months old)
Visual/Fine Motor Skills:
- fixates on objects placed 12″ from nose
- follows objects with eyes
- holds onto rattle approximately 30 seconds
- looks at own hands
Self Help Skills:
- opens and closes mouth in response to food stimulus
- naps frequently
- brings hand to mouth
- rattles and other auditory toys
- encourage baby to follow various objects with his/her eyes
- place objects in babies hand to encourage grasping skills
Connect with a pediatric occupational therapist at Child and Family Development to learn more about development.
Read more about OT here.