This is the second of three HOW TO MAKE THE MOST OUT OF THERAPY AT CHILD AND FAMILY DEVELOPMENT posts. This post is about: Home Programs and Follow-Through
A therapist will share information and recommendations regularly.
- Review the evaluation results, treatment goals and progress reports. Ask questions!
- Talk with the therapist at each session. Observe some or all of the treatment sessions.
- Follow the home program. Often, you can incorporate the therapeutic activities into what you are already doing.
- Follow therapist recommendations for other services and complete these appointments promptly.
- Allow professionals to share information with one another by completing an Authorization for Release of Information with a member of our client services team.
- Your therapist may suggest a variety of treatment techniques and schedule changes over the course of treatment. Have a regular and open dialogue about these suggestions.
For the full document, click here.