The multidisciplinary pediatric therapy team at Child and Family Development is rounding up some FUNctional gift ideas for the 2016 holiday season!
Here are some language development suggestions from our speech therapists:
- What’s In Ned’s Head by Fat Brain Toys: Work on asking questions, sound production and describing objects. The gross factor makes it extra appealing to kids. It even comes with blank cards so you can add your own objects to target specific sounds or vocabulary.
- Magnetic Game- Peter & Pauline’s Farm by Fat Brain Toys: Good for teaching vocabulary, following directions, spatial concepts and telling stories.
- Lock & Roll Rescue Truck Garage by Fat Brain Toys: Lots of language can be targeted with this one including spatial concepts (in/out, open/close), colors, actions and vocabulary. Great for imaginative play.
- Melissa & Doug Fold & Go Wooden Dollhouse: Introduces vocabulary for the home, basic concepts and actions (sleep, cook, wash, sit) as well as encourages pretend play.
- Mr. Potato Head Silly Suitcase by Playskool: A classic toy for teaching body parts and basic concepts.
Click below to find more new posts throughout December by searching HOLIDAY.