What speech and language skills should my 19-24 month old have?*names objects
- uses two word combinations (noun + verb)
- uses simple prepositions “on” “in” “under”
- family understand approximately 75% of what child says verbally
- vocabulary understanding and expression grows to 150-300 words
- uses some pronouns “I”, “me”, “my”
- points to body parts
- follows simple commands
- identifies common objects and their use
- has poor volume control
Connect with a pediatric speech therapist at Child and Family Development to learn more about development.
The Child and Family Development website contains a more detailed developmental chart and checklists from the CDC here.